Duration: 2 days
Transportation: mini van
- Scenic drive along the river Nemunas
- You will explore Raudone and Panemune castles
- You will walk Klaipeda old town
- Optional Sea Museum and Dolphinarium
Two days tour starting from Vilnius with an overnight in a port city Klaipeda is a perfect way to enjoy the beauty of Lithuanian nature and learn about medieval period fights with Teutonic Knights. During the first day you will be driving along the river Nemunas, which is also the castle route. You will stop to visit castles and small villages enjoying the wild nature on your way. In the late afternoon you will arrive Klaipeda and walk the old town with a guide. Optionally, you can visit Lithuanian Sea Museum and Dolphin show. Overnight in Klaipeda.
- You will take a ferry to Curonian Spit NP which is on UNESCO list
- You will visit two fishermen towns Juodkrante and Nida
- You will have a walk in the forest full of statues of witches and other creatures
- You will visit the amber museum
- You will walk white sand dunes
Next morning you will be picked up from the hotel and driven to the ferry terminal, to cross the lagoon and get to the spit. The Curonian Spit is a home of the highest moving dunes in Europe, which reach up to 60 meters. You will have 50 km drive along the spit with scenic stops: the park with folk wooden sculptures, Juodkrante lagoon, where the amber treasure was found, Dead dunes where you will walk in white sand and feel the breeze of the sea, the sun dial and Nida fisherman village. You will visit the amber museum, personal collection of more than 40000 amber pieces and have a lunch in fresh smoked fish bistro. After the whole day in a National Park, you will travel back to Vilnius by highway.
Location: 4 hours drive with stops (one way)